One of my goals throughout my journey is to help inspire other women (and men) to find a passion for living a fit and healthy life; but what prompted that long ago was the inspiration of one very strong woman, my mother. She taught me that women are strong, beautiful, smart, and brave. Since starting my journey I have been working to instill the same beliefs into other women as they walk through life, which leads me to #WomanCrushWednesday.
Now you may be thinking well #WCW is just a silly way for people to gain followers on instagram and while that may be true the important part of #womancrushwednesday is to honor someone (in this case women) who has inspired you, helped to motivate, or lifted you up when you need it. So thanks to the beautiful and strong @runningwithstrength88 I am going to follow in her footsteps with a weekly #WomanCrushWednesday post highlighting some of the amazing women out there that have inspired me over the years.
For my first #WomanCrushWednesday I am going to start with the beautiful Naomi West, or @beingnay.
Who is Naomi?
A fitchick from Coeur d’Alene, Naomi has a passion for triathlons, the outdoors, being active, smoothies, her husband, her adorable puppies, and living life to the fullest.
Things I love about Naomi
1. Her dedication and drive: This chick can do anything she sets her mind to. Last summer she up and decided she wanted to race in a triathlon and completed her first ever tri! Now one year later she’s a couple weeks away from her next one and ready to rock it!
2. Her Joy for Life: It is a rare day you don’t see Naomi wandering around with a smile or a kind word for others. She really is one of the kindest people at heart, and her support has always helped me when I’ve been feeling down. She has traveled all over the world soaking in every bit of culture, fun, and joy she can and the coolest part is she shares it with everyone!
3. Her Smoothie Recipes: You want a great smoothie recipe, or maybe you want to give juicing a try. You need to check out Naomi then (on instagram @beingnay) because her concotions are AMAZING!! Plus she takes the best pictures of them, I usually want to drink them right out of the screen.
1. Wake up and be the best you can be.
2. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better” – Maya Angelou
I am lucky to personally know Naomi and have even gotten a chance to work along side of her for a couple months! I could go on and on about how amazing, strong, dedicated, and wonderful this fit chick is but you should go check it out for yourself (@beingnay on instagram).